- Focus and Scope
- Section Policies
- Peer Review Process
- Publication Frequency
- Open Access Policy
- Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
- Policy of Screening for Plagiarism
- References management
- Correction and Retraction Policies
- Plagiarism Policy
- Withdrawal of Manuscripts
- Posting Your Article Policy
Focus and Scope
International Journal of Basic and Applied Science (ISSN 2301-8038) provides an advanced forum on all aspects of applied natural sciences. It publishes reviews, research papers and communications. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers. The full experimental details must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. Electronic files and software regarding the full details of the calculation or experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary electronic material.
The journal covers all aspects of applied physics, applied chemistry, engineering, environmental and earth sciences, and applied biology:
|Earth-Aerospace-Marine Science and Engineering|
|Biological Science and Engineering|
|Basic and Applied mathematics Science|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
- All manuscripts submitted to this journal (The International Journal of Basic and Applied Science) must follow the Focus and Scope and Author Guidelines of this journal. Manuscripts submitted must meet scientific value or novelty in accordance with the focus and scope of this journal.
- All manuscripts submitted to this journal must be written in good English. Authors whose English is not their mother tongue are encouraged to check their papers before submission for grammar and clarity. The work may not be published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- All submitted manuscripts must be free of plagiarism content. All authors are advised to use plagiarism detection software to perform similarity checks (usually using Turnitin). The editor will also check the similarity of the manuscripts in this journal using Turnitin software.
- All submissions are reviewed by one editor and at least two reviewers. The International Journal of Basic and Applied Science adopts a Double Blind Peer Review process, in which the identities of the authors and reviewers are kept confidential. Authors are asked not to suggest reviewers with whom they have a personal or professional relationship, especially if that relationship would prevent the reviewer from having a less clear opinion of the author's work.
- The final decision on acceptance of the manuscript is solely made by the Editor in Chief (together with the Editorial Board if necessary for consideration) according to the reviewer's critical comments. The final decision of the manuscript is based solely on the final review of the Editor and the Editorial Board taking into account the comments of the peer-reviewer (but not solely by the Reviewer). The publication of accepted articles including the placement of articles in the published publications will be carried out by the Editor in Chief by considering the order of acceptance dates.
This journal is published Four times a year (March, June, September, December)
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
Section A: Publication and authorship
• All submitted papers are subject to strict peer-review process by at least two international reviewers that are experts in the area of the particular paper.
• Review process are blind peer review.
• The factors that are taken into account in review are relevance, soundness, significance, originality, readability and language.
• The possible decisions include acceptance, acceptance with revisions, or rejection.
• If authors are encouraged to revise and resubmit a submission, there is no guarantee that the revised submission will be accepted.
• Rejected articles will not be re-reviewed.
• The paper acceptance is constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
• No research can be included in more than one publication.
Section B: Authors’ responsibilities
• Authors must certify that their manuscripts are their original work.
• Authors must certify that the manuscript has not previously been published elsewhere.
• Authors must certify that the manuscript is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
• Authors must participate in the peer review process.
• Authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes.
• All Authors mentioned in the paper must have significantly contributed to the research.
• Authors must state that all data in the paper are real and authentic.
• Authors must notify the Editors of any conflicts of interest.
• Authors must identify all sources used in the creation of their manuscript.
• Authors must report any errors they discover in their published paper to the Editors.
Section C: Reviewers’ responsibilities
• Reviewers should keep all information regarding papers confidential and treat them as privileged information.
• Reviews should be conducted objectively, with no personal criticism of the author
• Reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments
• Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.
• Reviewers should also call to the Editor in Chief’s attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
• Reviewers should not review manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Section D: Editors’ responsibilities
• Editors have complete responsibility and authority to reject/accept an article.
• Editors are responsible for the contents and overall quality of the publication.
• Editors should always consider the needs of the authors and the readers when attempting to improve the publication.
• Editors should guarantee the quality of the papers and the integrity of the academic record.
• Editors should publish errata pages or make corrections when needed.
• Editors should have a clear picture of a research’s funding sources.
• Editors should base their decisions solely one the papers’ importance, originality, clarity and relevance to publication’s scope.
• Editors should not reverse their decisions nor overturn the ones of previous editors without serious reason.
• Editors should preserve the anonymity of reviewers.
• Editors should ensure that all research material they publish conforms to internationally accepted ethical guidelines.
• Editors should only accept a paper when reasonably certain.
• Editors should act if they suspect misconduct, whether a paper is published or unpublished, and make all reasonable attempts to persist in obtaining a resolution to the problem.
• Editors should not reject papers based on suspicions, they should have proof of misconduct.
• Editors should not allow any conflicts of interest between staff, authors, reviewers and board members.
Policy of Screening for Plagiarism
As a form of commitment from the International Journal of Basic and Applied Science in preventing various forms of plagiarism, we implement a strict anti-plagiarism policy where every submitted manuscript will be checked through the Turnitin application and signed with a Statement of Originality. This policy is in accordance with the Peraturan Menteri Pendidikan Nasional Nomor 17 Tahun 2010 tentang Pencegahan dan Pemberantasan Plagiarisme Di Perguruan Tinggi.
Plagiarism and self-plagiarism are not allowed. The International Journal of Basic and Applied Science uses Turnitin software to filter articles to detect plagiarism. Overlapping and similar text detection is used there so appropriate citations and quotes should be used whenever needed. To check for plagiarism, the Editor in Chief of the International Journal of Basic and Applied Science will screen for plagiarism using Turnitin. If there are indications of plagiarism (above 20%), the editorial board will immediately reject the manuscript. Prior to publication, written confirmation from the author regarding the Author's Statement of Authenticity is required. This statement must be signed by at least one of the authors who has obtained the approval of the co-authors if applicable.
Every article accepted by International Journal of Basic and Applied Science use references manajement softwere. eg Mendeley or zotero
Correction and Retraction Policies
The papers published in the International Journal of Basic and Applied Science will be considered to retract in the publication if :
- They have clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of misconduct (e.g. data fabrication) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation or experimental error)
- the findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper crossreferencing, permission or justification (i.e. cases of redundant publication)
- it constitutes plagiarism
- it reports unethical research
The mechanism of retraction follows the Retraction Guidelines of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) which can be accessed at https://publicationethics.org/files/retraction%20guidelines.pdf.
International Journal of Basic and Applied Science Editorial board recognizes that plagiarism is not acceptable and therefore establishes the following policy stating specific actions (penalties) when plagiarism is identified in an article that is submitted for publication in International Journal of Basic and Applied Science .
Plagiarism involves the "use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work."
Papers must be original, unpublished, and not pending publication elsewhere. Any material taken verbatim from another source needs to be clearly identified as different from the present original text by (1) indentation, (2) use of quotation marks, and (3) identification of the source.
Any text of an amount exceeding fair use standards (herein defined as more than two or three sentences or the equivalent thereof) or any graphic material reproduced from another source requires permission from the copyright holder and, if feasible, the original author(s) and also requires identification of the source; e.g., previous publication.
When plagiarism is identified, the Editor in Chief responsible for the review of this paper and will agree on measures according to the extent of plagiarism detected in the paper in agreement with the following guidelines:
Level of Plagiarism
1. Minor: A short section of another article is plagiarized without any significant data or idea taken from the other paper
Action: A warning is given to the authors and a request to change the text and properly cite the original article is made
2. Intermediate: A significant portion of a paper is plagiarized without proper citation to the original paper
Action: The submitted article is rejected and the authors are forbidden to submit further articles for one year
3. Severe: A significant portion of a paper is plagiarized that involves reproducing original results or ideas presented in another publication
Action: The paper is rejected and the authors are forbidden to submit further articles for five years.
It is understood that all authors are responsible for the content of their submitted paper as they all sign the International Journal of Basic and Applied Science Copyright Transfer Form. If a penalty is imposed for plagiarism, all authors will be subject to the same penalty.
If a second case of plagiarism by the same author(s) is identified, a decision on the measures to be enforced will be made by the Editorial board (Editor-in-Chief, and Editorial members) with the Chair of the Editor in Chief. The author(s) might be forbidden to submit further articles forever.
This policy applies also to material reproduced from another publication by the same author(s). If an author uses text or figures that have previously been published, the corresponding paragraphs or figures should be identified and the previous publication referenced. It is understood that in case of a review paper or a paper of a tutorial nature much of the material was previously published.
The author should identify the source of the previously published material and obtain permission from the original author and the publisher. If an author submits a manuscript to International Journal of Basic and Applied Science with significant overlap with a manuscript submitted to another journal simultaneously, and this overlap is discovered during the review process or after the publications of both papers, the editor of the other journal is notified and the case is treated as a severe plagiarism case. Significant overlap means a use of identical or almost identical figures and identical or slightly modified text for one half or more of the paper. For self-plagiarism of less than one half of the paper but more than one-tenth of the paper, the case shall be treated as intermediate plagiarism. If self-plagiarism is confined to the methods section, the case shall be considered as minor plagiarism.
If an author uses some of his previously published material to clarify the presentation of new results, the previously published material shall be identified and the difference to the present publication shall be mentioned. Permission to republish must be obtained from the copyright holder. In the case of a manuscript that was originally published in conference proceedings and then is submitted for publication in International Journal of Basic and Applied Science either in identical or in expanded form, the authors must identify the name of the conference proceedings and the date of the publication and obtain permission to republish from the copyright holder. The editor may decide not to accept this paper for publication.
However, an author shall be permitted to use material from an unpublished presentation, including visual displays, in a subsequent journal publication. In the case of a publication being submitted, that was originally published in another language, the title, date, and journal of the original publication must be identified by the authors, and the copyright must be obtained. The editor may accept such a translated publication to bring it to the attention of a wider audience. The editor may select a specific paper that had been published (e.g. a “historic” paper) for republication in order to provide a better perspective of a series of papers published in one issue of International Journal of Basic and Applied Science. This republication shall be clearly identified as such and the date and journal of the original publication shall be given, and the permission of the author(s) and the publisher shall be obtained.
The International Journal of Basic and Applied Science layout editor for the Journal is responsible for maintaining the list of authors subjected to penalties and will check that no authors of a submitted paper are on this list. If a banned author is identified, the layout editor will inform the Editor-in-Chief who will take appropriate measures. This policy will be posted on the website with the instructions for submitting a manuscript, and a copy will be sent to the authors with the confirmation email upon initial receipt of their original manuscript. A sentence shall be added to the copyright transfer form to indicate that the author(s) have read the Plagiarism Policy.
Withdrawal of Manuscripts
Author is not allowed to withdraw submitted manuscripts, because the withdrawal is waste of valuable resources that editors and referees spent a great deal of time processing submitted manuscript, and works invested by the publisher.
If author still requests withdrawal of his/her manuscript when the manuscript is still in the peer-reviewing process, author will be punished with paying $0.00 per manuscript, as withdrawal penalty to the publisher. However, it is unethical to withdraw a submitted manuscript from one journal if accepted by another journal.
The withdrawal of manuscript after the manuscript is accepted for publication, author will be punished by paying US$0.00 per manuscript. Withdrawal of manuscript is only allowed after withdrawal penalty has been fully paid to the Publisher. If author don't agree to pay the penalty, the author and his/her affiliation will be blacklisted for publication in this journal. Even, his/her previously published articles will be removed from our online system.
Posting Your Article Policy
Understand International Journal of Basic and Applied Science article sharing and posting policies for each stage of the article life cycle.
Prior to submission to International Journal of Basic and Applied Science
Authors may post their article anywhere at any time, including on preprint servers such as arXiv.org. This does not count as a prior publication.
Upon submission to International Journal of Basic and Applied Science
Authors may share or post their submitted version of the article (also known as the preprint) in the following ways:
- On the author’s personal website or their employer’s website
- On institutional or funder websites if required
- In the author’s own classroom use
- On Scholarly Collaboration Networks (SCNs) that are signatories to the International Association of Scientific, Technical, and Medical Publishers’ Sharing Principles (https://www.stm-assoc.org/stm-consultations/scn-consultation-2015/)
Upon acceptance to International Journal of Basic and Applied Science
If an author previously posted their submitted version of the article in any of the following locations, he or she will need to replace the submitted version with the accepted version of International Journal of Basic and Applied Science . No other changes may be made to the accepted article.
- Author’s personal website
- Author’s employer’s website
- Funder’s repository*
- When the article is published, the posted version should be updated with a full citation to the original of International Journal of Basic and Applied Science . He or she will need to replace the accepted version with the published article version of International Journal of Basic and Applied Science .
- The article will be followed by statements on the International Journal of Basic and Applied Science copyright notice.